The new ministry year is right around the corner and even though this Fall may look different than ever before, I am excited for our upcoming lessons.
Before we kick things off, we will be wrapping up our summer with a three-week series: The Armor of God. This school year could bring a lot of feelings for kids, some could be excited, some anxious. Regardless of where they land, everyone needs the Armor of God!
Below is an outline of the next 3 weeks. I hope you join us!
Sunday, August 23
- Belt of Truth – Just as a belt holds the rest of the armor in place, the truth of God’s word is what guides all areas of our life. John 8:28-40, The Truth Will Set You Free
- Breastplate of Righteousness – When we cover ourselves with the goodness and righteousness of God, our hearts are protected from the harm that can come from making sinful and unrighteous choices.
- Shoes of Peace – Every step we take, we should help bring peace and be ready to share the good news with others.
Sunday, August 30
- Shield of Faith – Through the power of our faith in God, we can defend against any attack that comes at us.
- Helmet of Salvation – The helmet covers our heads in battle; the salvation that comes only from Jesus, protects us completely and makes us strong in him.
- Sword of the Spirit – When we fill our minds and hearts with the Word of God – the sword of the Spirit – we can overcome any challenge or temptation.
Sunday, September 6
- Prayer – Our greatest weapon is the ability to turn to God and rely on Him to help us. Prayer is a like a horn used to call for help in battle or let everyone know when it is time to attack.
- The Full Armor of God – The final week will provide a review of the previous weeks and an encouragement to kids to put on the full armor of God. Ephesians 6:10-18, The Full Armor of God