Nursery (walkers + 2s & 3s) – The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Lesson: A New Beginning
- Scripture: Noah’s Ark, from Genesis 6-9
- Christ Connection: God promised never again to send a flood to destroy the world. That isn’t because the world did not go wrong again. It did. But in the same way that God rescued Noah and his family, God promises he will send a Rescuer to rescue us.
- A Verse from the Story to Learn at Home: Genesis 6:5 — ‘The LORD saw that the human heart was only evil.
- Next Week: A Giant Staircase to Heaven – The Tower of Babel, from Genesis 11
Pre-K – 3rd - Dig In: Discipleship
- Lesson: God Is I Am
- Scripture: Exodus 3:1–4:17
- Main Point: God appears to Moses in a bush that’s on fire but not burning up. God tells Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt, where they’re slaves. Moses doesn’t want to and has a lot of excuses. But God assures him, “I Am Who I Am.” God doesn’t change; he’s the same God today!
- Christ Connection: God saved Moses’ life and called him to rescue God’s people from slavery. The calling of Moses points to a greater calling and rescue—the call of Jesus to come to earth to save God’s people. Jesus gave up His life to save us from slavery to sin.
- Discussion: God doesn’t change. If he could do big things through Moses, even though Moses didn’t think he was right for the job, God can still do big things through people—even us. God gave Moses signs to help Moses trust him, and God shows us all the time that we, too, can trust him.
- Next Week: God Shows Power and Sends Ten Plagues - Exodus 7:14–12:30
4th-5th– The Gospel Project for Preteens
- Lesson: The Tower of Babel
- Scripture: Genesis 11
- Main Point: People tried to build a tower to glorify themselves instead of God.
- Christ Connection: People chose to give glory to themselves instead of God. They ignored God’s plan, so God confused their language and scattered the people all over the earth. One day, Jesus will gather together all of God’s people— people from every tribe and people who speak all kinds of languages—and they will worship Him together. (Revelation 7:9-10)
- Why did people build a tall tower?
- How did God keep the people from stopping His plan?
- Why did God stop the people from building the tower?
- What are some ways people today might try to make a name for themselves? Is there anything wrong with wanting to be famous?
- Why does God deserve all glory and honor?
- Next Week: The Suffering of Job – Job