This Sunday, we launched into a new ministry year with new curriculum in each age group. Here you will find a short description of each new curriculum, and what your children learned in City Kids.
Nursery (walkers + 2s & 3s) | The Jesus Storybook Bible
Based on the Jesus Storybook Bible, this Curriculum provides vivid illustrations and animated videos that bring to life Bible stories from both the Old and New Testament. Your little ones will learn that every story in the Bible points to Jesus, and what that means for them.
- Lesson: The Story and the Song
- Scripture: Introduction from Psalm 19 and Hebrews 1
- Main Point: God gave us the Bible so that we can know and love him.
- Christ Connection: The Bible isn’t a book of rules and heroes, but rather a love story of a young hero, Jesus, who came to earth to rescue his children.
- Who wrote the Bible? God
- What sort of book is the Bible? A true story
- What is the Bible mainly about? God and what he has done
- What is the story of the Bible about? Jesus and God’s rescue plan
- Why did God give us the Bible? So we could know and love God
- Next Week: The Beginning: a Perfect Home – Genesis 1-2
Pre-K – 3rd | Dig In: Discipleship
Each week is intentionally designed to create a social, emotional, and spiritual environment that prepares hearts and minds for God to work. “Digging Into Discipleship” brings a fresh approach to growing a lifelong relationship with God. As kids explore God’s character throughout the Bible, God transforms them from the inside out. Kids discover what it means to reflect the heart of God in everyday life.
- Lesson: God Creates Us in His Image
- Scripture: Genesis 1
- Main Point: God is creative, so we’re creative. God makes the world. God is creative, making all different kinds of plants and animals, birds and fish, and land and sea. Finally, he creates the pinnacle of his creation: humans! He makes people in his own image, so we can be creative, too!
- Christ Connection: Jesus is Lord over all of creation. The Son has always existed. The Bible says everything was created by Him and for Him, and He holds everything together. All of creation exists to bring God glory.
- What do you think it means to be made in God’s image?
- What’s something about you that you think reflects who God is?
- How does it change the way you think about yourself to know you were made in God’s image?
- How might it change the way you treat other people when you think about the fact that they’re made in God’s image?
- What’s something creative about the way God made you?
- Next Week: Builders Try to Build a Great Tower – Genesis 11:1-9
4th - 5th | The Gospel Project for Preteens
The Gospel Project takes kids on a Christ-centered, chronological journey through Scripture. Kids will discover how the gospel unfolds from Genesis through Revelation. When kids truly experience the gospel, their hearts are transformed. Kids will understand that the Bible is not a collection of stories, but God’s unified story of redemption.
- Lesson: God Created People
- Scripture: Genesis 1-2
- Main Point: God created people in his own image, and he loves us.
- Christ Connection: God created people in His own image and provides for everything He made. People are special because God made people to live forever in a relationship with Him. Through His Son, Jesus, we can have eternal life with God just as He planned.
- What does this story teach us about ourselves?
- Why did God make people?
- What does it mean to be created in the image of God?
- How does being created in God’s image affect how we treat one another?
- God created us to know and love Him. How can we get to know God if we cannot see Him?
- Next Week: Sin Entered the World – Genesis 3